Do you want to be more than just an adequate elected official for your community? Would you like to become a better leader?
The Leaders of Excellence program provides a venue for elected officials to develop their skills as excellent leaders and to hone their ability to practice good governance.
State and local elected officials from Broward, Miami-Dade, Monroe, and Palm Beach Counties may apply. Sessions and on-site learning opportunities consider topics including:
- Budget, finance and taxation
- Ethics, Sunshine Law and rules of procedure
- Land use
- Economic and community development
- Media relations
- Governing in a diverse community
- Dealing with lobbyists
- Working with constituents