Applications for the 2015 Leaders of Excellence Program will be available soon!
Do you want to be more than just an adequate elected official for your community? Would you like to become a better leader?
The Leaders of Excellence program provides a venue for elected officials to develop their skills as excellent leaders and to hone their ability to practice good governance.
State and local elected officials from Broward, Miami-Dade, Monroe, and Palm Beach Counties may apply. Sessions and on-site learning opportunities consider topics including:
- Budget, finance and taxation
- Ethics, Sunshine Law and rules of procedure
- Land use
- Economic and community development
- Media relations
- Governing in a diverse community
- Dealing with lobbyists
- Working with constituents